Sunday, December 14, 2008

Behold!!!

Psalms 133:1 - "Behold, How good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!"
When I typed this scripture I left out the first word "behold". I realized I liked it and put it back in. Then I started thinking about the word "behold" and looked it up. It is used 1,275 times in the Bible. It means look and see the surprise! The reason I was reminded of this scripture is that today our church hosts TOYS FOR TOTS. We will have thousands of less-privaledged families come to our church to get toys for their kids for Christmas. We will shop with them, play with them, entertain them, serve them, and present them with Jesus' love. It is one of the greatest days for our church. Everyone gets involved doing their different tasks. We all come away with such a fulfilled feeling and such an empty feeling. Fulfilled because we have helped so many families and have been able to give them the love of Jesus. Empty, because there are millions others out there that need this and so much more. This is just a drop in the bucket; but at least it's a drop and that is our part today.
So today, I want to "behold" the unity of God's children as they work together for Jesus. I pray we will show forth the goodness and pleasantness of our God.

No comments: