Saturday, December 27, 2008

Saturday's Devo - "Mirror, Mirror, on My Heart...."

Dave and I lived in a small shack-like house. I left for a walk and decided to go back home. I passed the house we had lived in for a while and it looked worse that I had remembered. But, we had good memories there. I saw a cute guy walking by who smiled at me. I walked around to avoid him. This led me to a beautiful neighborhood of hills and enormous houses. I heard voices and saw a young man and woman talking in the backyard. It looked like they liked each other and were neighbors. He had blonde hair and blue eyes. As I passed by this house a soccer ball rolled out of the gate. I kicked it back in. Nothing happened so I climbed up the old concrete wall around the yard. The wall was wide at the top and I saw the boys father standing by the wall. He smiled at me and I continued to climb on top of the wall. The young man and woman walked over to help me. The young man squatted on his knees and wanted me to jump on his legs. I did and he looked into my eyes with the most gentle look. I was very shy and tentative. He could tell I was and was assuring and kind. He led me around to the other side of the house. There was a young girl there with 2 old hand mirrors. She handed me one. I never looked at the reflection of myself but tried to read the small words that were engraved on the back of the mirror. I woke up.
Interpretation: No matter how lovely our house is down here it is a shack from heaven's perspective. I was being led to heavenly places where the houses were extraordinary and beautiful. The first cute guy was the counterfeit. Satan always sends the counterfeit to draw us off the right path. This guy was headed over a hill that I couldn't see over. Satan is deceptive and never shows you where you are going till it is too late to turn back. The young man in the back yard was Jesus. I was drawn to him so he gave me the invitation to come in (the soccer ball). I climbed over the wall. I could have gone through the gate. We have access to the things of God, but I didn't feel comfortable in doing that, but I was curious enough to scale the wall. His dad wasn't mad at all. That was God. He seemed pleased that I would be interested in his son. Jesus came down and humbled himself before me (squatted on his knees). He never asked me what I was doing on his property. He seemed so welcoming and aware of my frailty. He led me around and the Holy Spirit gave me a present. A mirror. A mirror is one's heart. I didn't look at my own reflection because in heaven every reflection is of Jesus. We look at everything through the Words he gives us. He gave me his words (he has written His Word on our hearts). I wish I could have read them. I tried. I guess they were written in heaven's language. Lord, I ask you to show me what they were.
I don't know why God gave me this dream now but for some reason I am going to need those words that God has engraved on my heart for something ahead. God, thank you for that dream. Give your body dreams and visions to prepare us for what you are up to.

No comments: