Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Wed.’s Devo - Walk in Victory

Read: Ephesians 5:1-6:24; Colossians 1:1-23
Today was full of deep truths. I underlined: “Don’t act thoughtlessly, but understand what the Lord wants you to do.” I used to think that life was me trying to figure out what I wanted to do and trying to make that happen. In between, there was blank space where I just existed aimlessly. That is life in the world. Life in the spirit is full of meaning and purpose. Every minute things are going on in the spiritual realm and if we can train ourselves to see, we will respond correctly. We can KNOW what God wants us to do. It’s not a vocation as much as an awareness that every minute is our destiny. Our lives should be full of god-orchestrated events. I look for God’s appointments everywhere I go. If I’m shopping, I try to be aware of the people standing beside me sifting through the clothes racks. I try to keep my spiritual eyes and hears open to be obedient to anything God tells me to do. It might be as simple as acknowledging someone exists. The Holy Spirit gives us love for others, even fellow shoppers we don’t know.
Paul explains that our enemies are not people we see but evil spirits that work through these people and through circumstances. We will not see this with our earthly eyes, we must see this through our spiritual eyes. Understanding this will help us to have self-control and not attack someone who is attacking us. Satan uses whoever he can, and many times he uses us to attack each other. If we can recognize his schemes we can stop his plans before they get off the ground. We are about to have our youngest son and his wife and two kids come and live with us. I’m sure, I will have to remind myself of this truth many times.
God tells us to put on our armor that is spiritual. We have to know truth, be covered with the righteousness of Christ, walk in peace and faith, have the mind of Christ, and use the Word of God. When we have all of these things, nothing the devil brings against us will be able to harm us. Jesus told us that in this world we will have tribulations, but to be joyful, because he has overcome the world!
Lord, may we equip ourselves everyday, to walk in your love and power. Sharpen our spiritual eyes and ears to see and hear what you want us to.

No comments: