Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Tues.’s Devo - Repentance and Mercy

Read: Isa. 1:21- chapter 5
As I read about unfaithful Jerusalem, I couldn’t help but see America. I look forward to God refining our nation and building it back to be a Home of Justice and a Faithful Nation.
Isaiah prophesied that in the last days, the mountain of the Lord’s house would be the highest of all, the most important place on the earth. It will be a place people will stream to to worship and be taught the things of the Lord. There will be peace in Jerusalem and no more war.
I long for the day that idols will completely disappear. That will be the day of judgment when God shakes the earth but that also happens when revival comes to a nation. We are seeing the birth of revival in our nation which has come through much shaking. People are learning that they can’t put their trust in their money, other people, or their gods. I pray that we repent before God takes everything away from us. We can repent before judgment like Nineveh did and stay God’s hand of judgment. I pray that we will do just that.
Lord, we ask you to wash the filth from our nation and let us be a refuge for those in need once again.

No comments: