Monday, June 6, 2016

Mon.’s Devo - Life and Death

Read: Eccl. 7-11:6
Solomon sobers us up with his talk of death. He wants us to realize that life is short and we should live with eternity in mind. He says that sadness refines us and if we are wise we live knowing life is short.
Solomon gives us many nuggets today. I underlined a few like this one. “Those who are wise will find a time and a way to do what is right, for there is a time and a way for everything, even when a person is in trouble.” I have seen this happen so many times in my sewing. I will make a mistake and miss cut the fabric and am momentarily devastated. That is when I start praying and asking God for mercy and a way to make it work. Sometimes I have to just walk away for a while and calm down so God can speak to me. When I come back, I get an answer and it always amazes me the wisdom of God. He can get us out of any problem we get ourselves into because he can! All we have to do is humble ourselves and ask.
Solomon spent his lifetime seeking and observing life trying to find wisdom. He realized that you are not always rewarded for your good deeds or your righteous life here on earth, but God is in control and we can trust him. He says that it is all decided by chance and being at the right place at the right time, but we know that it is God that puts us in the right place at the right time. God is our chance and our hope. In all Solomon’s searching he realized that God is beyond all human reasoning and finding out.
Lord, we praise you because You are above all.

No comments: