Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tues.'s Devo - The Aliens -

Read Pr. 21:16
What is the "congregation of the dead"? It seems that they are the people that were not born again on earth so they live in a community in Hades under the earth waiting to be judged. The sad thing is that there are people all around us living in a state of death - spiritual death. I can not remember not knowing Jesus so I don't know what it feels like to not have any hope however I do remember not being sure if I would go to heaven. I didn't have a true understanding of God's grace, but I do now. We are to live in a state of death - death to flesh- here on earth but very much alive in the spirit. So much so that we should shine. Our life should make people refreshed by being around us and cause them to want what we have. I had a dream the other night that I was talking to a guy who told me he was an alien. I knew this was a bad thing. He revealed to me that the people around us were too. I realize now that it meant he was a non-believer. God called the people who were not Israelites: aliens. He told them love the stranger because they were strangers in the land of Egypt. We are aliens; strangers in this world where our home is heaven.
Lord, give us discernment to know the children from the aliens that we might bring life to the aliens and refresh the children.

No comments: