Friday, January 21, 2011

Fri.'s Devo - Angry Women

Read Pr. 21:19
This word, "angry" is used throughout the Bible in correlation with provoking, wrath, slavery, barrenness, grief, complaining, murder, envy, indignation, sorrow, spite, mischief, and bitterness. Who wouldn't want to get away from that even if you had to live in the wilderness. At least there you would have peace. What do we do about anger? We all face it at certain times in our life. Eph. 4:29-32 tells us not to speak about anything that is morally wrong but, instead we are to edify and minister grace to people. When we don't speak kindly we are grieving the Holy Spirit. It goes on to tell us to let all bitterness, and wrath and anger, and outcries, and complaining, be put away with us along with plans of retaliation and meanness. Instead, we are to replace it with kindness, being tenderhearted and forgiving, as Christ has forgiven us. I have found when I am angry it affects everything I do and it totally unsettles me until I picture myself handing it to Jesus and letting him have it. Then I can walk away and when Satan reminds me I am suppose to be mad I just keep reminding myself that I gave that to Jesus.
Lord, we hand you all our "stuff" that we can't deal with and walk away light as a feather. Take our hurts and injustices and heal them. Restore unto us a right spirit. We do not want to be angry women or men.

No comments: