Friday, January 7, 2011

Fri.'s Devo - Dare to Dream

Read Pr. 20:27-28
I woke up today and asked God what he wanted to say to me and he said, "Call unto me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you knowest not." Jer. 33:3 I'd say that is a loaded canon. I looked up other "call unto me's" in scripture and found these: In Ps. 102:2 David prayed "Hide not your face from me in the day when I am in trouble, incline your ear unto me; in the day when I call answer me speedily." Ps. 116:2 "Because he has inclined his ear to me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live." Jer. 29:12 "then shall you call upon me, and you shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you." If God searches us and knows everything about our bodies inside and out then he knows all our weaknesses and secrets and all our strengths. He has chosen to have mercy on our sins and cover us with the blood of Jesus. To think anything less is to not honor God. He is a God of love and tender mercies. He wants us to call out to him about EVERYTHING... even the smallest details. He is a detail God and loves when we come to him about the simplest things and the big things. I would not trouble a stranger with my trivial thoughts but I would tell my closest friends. God wants to be our closest friend, so don't think you are boring him or taking up his time: He lives in eternity.
Lord, today, I am going to call out to you about everything. Expand my imagination to pray for things that I would normally think impossible because I know that nothing is impossible with you.

No comments: