Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sat.'s Devo - Don't Give Up!

I am always humbled and thankful by how quickly God disciplines me. I found myself judging a situation that happened this week and thinking of what these people should have done instead of impulsively reacting the way they did. They should have prayed about it first. Well, I didn't even get one day down the road till a similar situation happened in my life and I impulsively did what I thought was the right thing. It was the right thing to do I just failed to do one little thing first that made the difference of offending someone or preparing them. So after praying about it I saw my mistake and had to go back and seek forgiveness. God graciously gave it and so did the person but the damage has been done. I hate these kind of things because the only thing gained is a good lesson of what not to do next time. So I learned first, don't judge someone else's life, then don't be so prideful to think I don't need to pray first when you have a situation.
The good thing about this week is that I was able to minister to many people who needed a touch from God. It is so easy to stop and swim in self-pity and condemnation once you blow it, but this is not what God wants us to do. He wants us to get right back up and start again with more of His power than before.
Lord, thank you for your forgiving power and your power to mend and make new. Renew us in your spirit and give us wings to fly.

No comments: