Friday, April 2, 2010

Fri.'s Devo. The Kingdom of God

Read 1 Pet. 2:11
I just realized I put 2 Peter yesterday instead of 1 Pet. by mistake. Sorry if it messed you up. So back to 1 Peter... he is inviting us as strangers and pilgrims to restrain ourselves from wanting the things that are forbidden to us who want to walk in the spirit. I thought it was interesting that he called us strangers so I looked that up in the Greek and it meant those who have a home near; an alien resident. Jesus said that the kingdom of God was near and he said it pertaining to some miraculous act he had just done. That is because the kingdom of God is a spiritual kingdom of supernatural health and blessings. When we by faith ask God to do miraculous things we are bringing the kingdom of God near.
God is giving me the opportunity to do that today. Our church does a ministry called "Clean Slate" where we find families that need a new start in their houses and we come in and do a home make-over. We do this in the natural but God takes this natural act and brings it into the spiritual and the family receives a spiritual make-over as well. The team does too. Today we are going to see our house for the first time. It has been plagued with mildew and mold due to faulty ductwork. So the mold is in the walls of the house. I found myself being overwhelmed and upset that the church would choose such an impossible task for us. Then I remembered that NOTHING is impossible with God. For the last 2 weeks God has been sending me this number 911. My plane was leaving at 911, my clock said 911, a tape I listened to said their church kept getting the number 911 and of course, it meant Ps. 91:1. I memorized Ps. 91 a long time ago and know it has to do with protection for your household but it wasn't till this morning I realized why God was speaking it to me. As I was in my car going to the gym God kept saying, "no plague shall come near your house" over and over. Then I got it! Mold and mildew is a plague and we have authority over plagues and like Lev. 14 says we,as priests to God just need to apply the blood of Jesus over this house and proclaim it clean. So now I have to do this. Please pray with me that this lady will be open and receptive. I know God gave us this task for his glory. I have no doubt this is a small thing to God but will be a big victory over the devil. Thank you Lord that your arm is not too short nor your hand too weak and your blood can cleanse this mold.

No comments: