Saturday, February 20, 2010

Sat.'s Devo - Shopping with God

My second son, Caleb is getting married March 13th. As of last Sunday, I didn't have a dress for the wedding. The wedding is in New Orleans and I knew I wanted something a little springy so I have been waiting for the spring dresses to come in. I also knew I wanted a short dress instead of a long one. Then there are all the other criteria like no plunging neckline, no square neck, no v-neck. So you see, I'm a little hard to please. I looked on line at about 1,000 dresses (no exaggeration) and couldn't find one. I had found a very pretty dress in a catalog but it was $350 and I also needed one for the rehearsal dinner. I found one for the rehearsal dinner in the same catalog for less and ordered it. I finally got desperate and decided to order the expensive one but when I did they were back-ordered till the middle of March. Apparently not everyone in America is experiencing financial struggle. So I was back to the drawing board. I kept being drawn back to that catalog. I finally went on line to that store and found a perfect dress on sale for less than half the price of the first one. I was so excited. Did I mentioned that I was praying the whole way through this process. I always take God shopping with me. On Monday we are going to start studying James which is all about our trials producing patience.
Back to my dresses. I got them in this week and they are just the right size. I am adding some antique lace to the neck of the one for the wedding and it will be perfect. Thank you Jesus!

No comments: