Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sunday's Devo - Choose Peace

Last night I had a dream. I have been praying to see the kingdom of God here on earth as it is in heaven and I have been praying about seeing things in the spirit. I have also been praying for dreams since I have not remembered my dreams for a while. Well, God made up for that last night.
I dreamed I was going to be staying with an old friend, Annie. I had a son with me. She took me to the bedroom we would be staying in with her sons. My dad helped me put together my bedframe and my son's. When we got mine put together the frame was too close to the ground so I asked him if he could put some blocks of wood to lift it up. He said, yes. The furniture in the room kept changing but it was old, brown, simple and not attractive, but functional. I and my son layed down and started to go to sleep. I realized it was about suppertime and we would miss supper if we slept but I was tired. My son said something to me that sort of woke me up. I remembered that Annie had an upstairs so I got up to ask her about it. She said they didn't use it and started to take me there. There was a transition place we had to walk down to get to the stairs. Up the stairs there was a huge kitchen and living area. It was modern and very spacious and super nice. I have never seen anything like it here on earth. Her servant was cooking supper down stairs and handed us a strawberry through this open window. The strawberry she gave me was as big as an apple and sliced. It was delicious. I walked with her into the bathroom. I had on a white blouse with lace because I had gotten strawberry juice on it. It turned it iridescent pink. There were twin boys in the bathroom getting ready to leave. She took me into the master bedroom and the whole back wall was a window. I could see a body of water and as we watched the water turned into an ocean with waves. The waves got higher and higher and turned into a turbulent swell. We were taken out on the point to watch. Tractors were in the water and torn and bent by the waves. Other material had been drawn into the water. I saw a boat with a person I knew in it coming right toward us with force and speed. It landed right beside us but nothing touched us. We didn't even feel the wind or get sprayed by the water. Next thing I knew the water was completely calm without a ripple.
I think this dream was the result of me asking just like I asked my dad to raise my bed, I asked God for a dream. He took me to heaven. The transition place in the dream was my transition from earth to heaven. On earth I was going to sleep on a borrowed bed in a house that wasn't my own. I remembered that there was more in heaven (upstairs) so I asked for it. I was taken there. I have been asking for revelation so I got to see through the window of revelation into what is fixing to happen. A storm is coming that will effect all areas of life except those whose feet are firmly planted on the foundation of the Word (the point). Ps 91 says that a thousand will fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not come near you. Only with your eyes shall you behold and see the reward of the wicked. Because you have made the Lord, which is your refuge, even the most High, your habitation, there shall no evil befall you, neither shall any plague come near your dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways. You shall tread upon the lion and adder; the young lion and the dragon shall you trample under feet....with long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation. God is in control of the storm and you. There is peace in the face of storms if you stand with God.

1 comment:

Larsen Family said...

Wow. What an amazing dream. I have so many questions, but can't seem to formulate any of them. That's really awesome.