Saturday, June 20, 2009

Saturday's Devo - Take Courage

Deut. 31:6 "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not, nor be afraid of them: for the Lord thy God, he it is that goes with you, he will not fail you, or forsake you."
I was listening to a prophecy by a modern-day prophet, Bob Jones the other day. He was talking about this new revival that is coming to the world. He said that a million youth would be taken from the streets of sin and brought into the kingdom. They will not look like the church because they don't know what it is suppose to look like. (Thank God!) They will be totally sold out to Jesus and on fire. They will bring new music, rap, hip-hop, etc that will change people's lives. The church will be on the streets. Artists will create art that transcends language barriors and brings life because it will be straight from heaven. God will place his people in strategic places to rule education, politics, religion, arts, entertainment, business, and transportation. We are suppose to be ruling these platforms because the King of Kings is our daddy. One thing God told Joshua when he was going to enter the Promise Land was to be strong and of good courage. Courage is what we need to make this next step. Fear is our greatest enemy. "Good courage" in the Hebrew means to be alert physically and mentally; to establish, fortify, increase, prevail, strengthen one's self, and make strong.
I started going down town on Friday's to feed the homeless which was scarry at first. How do you communicate with people you have nothing in common with? I was always asking them the wrong questions like: where do you live? to which they would look at me like I was stupid and answer; "north". Or I once asked a guy where he worked to which he answered, "nowhere, I'm a bum. Don't I look like one?" I laughed and said, "No, not at all." But, I have kept going and today I accidentally got there an hour early. I didn't realize I was there that early so I sat in my car wondering what to do. One of the guys started walking up to my car. I decided not to be afraid and get out and meet him. I did and he was so welcoming. I sat and talked with one of the guys I had made friends with the last time I was there. The more I go the less uncomfortable I feel. I try to ask better questions like, "how has your week gone?" and they seem more comfortable around me also. I thought today that next time I'm going to ask them if I can pray with them about anything. Wow! I think that is what taking courage means.

No comments: