Sunday, February 15, 2009

Sunday's Devo - Bobbin for Apples of Gold in Pictures of Silver (Pro. 25:11)

I sew for my business, so Dave bought me this expensive sewing machine a year ago. I love it when it works. The problem is I have had it in the shop 4 times since I got it...all for the same problem. The bobbin would stop bringing the thread up. Well, if you know anything about sewing you know that you can't sew without the bobbin thread. This is such a nuisance and I was getting exasperous. What good is a great machine when it goes out on you in the middle of sewing. I though about all the things I could say as I took the machine back all the way across town and told them AGAIN that the bobbin-thingy wasn't working. The last time they forgot to call me when they were through and I didn't get it back for 3 weeks! Then, I calmed down and thought about the fact that it could be something I was doing wrong. So I decided to pray that when I took it in, I would get to talk to the man fixing the machine and ask him how I could keep this from happening again.
So I took my machine in and the lady at the counter was on the phone. When she got off she said she would have to call someone else to help me because she needed to call a person back. I thought that was strange. She left, and out of the maintenance room came the man who worked on machines. I told him my problem and told him he could probably fix it right here. He looked at the problem and showed me what was wrong. I work with heavy material with lots of lint and the lint was filling the bobbin case so much that it was making the case lift keeping the thread from being able to come through. He not only fixed it, but taught me how to do it. Thank you Lord for answering my prayer and giving me the wisdom and knowledge to fix my machine. Wisdom really is like gold and knowledge like silver. Bless that man who took the time to share his knowledge with me.

No comments: