Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday's Devo- Don't Forget Your Appointment Today

Thursday morning at my ladies' Bible study I prayed that we would be someone's divine appointment. I had a colonics appointment later that afternoon. The lady that works there is an older prayer warrior who hears from God and uses her business as a ministry. She was asking me if I would be coming back and I told her that I had only planned to do 3 and this was my 3rd. She seemed disturbed and said that was not what she was hearing and if I would pray about it. I told her I would and she wanted me to do it right then and get an answer. I prayed and God said, "two more times". I told her and she told me that God told her that I was suppose to come back, not for me but for her. She said she didn't understand it, but that was what God said. Then she said, "Every person who walks through my door is a 'divine appointment'." I smiled inside, because I remembered my prayer that morning.
It just goes to underscore my core belief. We are God's 'divine appointments' on earth. We carry the presence of God in us. We are the tabernacle built by God's hands to show the world his glory. The only way this is effective is if we believe it and walk in it.
Yesterday I was pumping gas and noticed the car on the other side of the pump. Her children were washing the windows and having so much fun. She asked me if I knew where some unfamiliar bank was. She was not from here and needed to find it. I told her I had never heard of the bank, but I was not a native either. Then she asked me if she could have 2 gallons of my gas to get her to where she was going because she had gotten hear on fumes. I reached into my car and without any hesitation pulled out a 20 dollar bill and handed it to her. She started to refuse but I insisted and said, "God is so good about helping us when we need help." She teared up and took it. I got in my car and drove away. I was glad to be used but felt empty that I didn't ask her more questions and try to meet her deeper need, the one in her soul. I can only pray that she will end up in a place where someone else will be God's 'divine appointment' for her.

1 comment:

bettyboop said...

Hi, Ginny. Great devo's.

I've been having colonics for about 2 years now. My lady is a Christian. Where do you do? Is her name Tamara.