Sunday, July 24, 2016

Sun.’s Devo - Healing and Hope

Read: Isaiah 48:12-52:12
Today’s reading is full of hope and promise but I was drawn to Isaiah 49:1-7. Isaiah gave his personal testimony of how God called him. God told him that he would be His servant that brought him glory but Isaiah replied that he felt so useless. He didn’t think he had purpose because of what he saw with his natural eye. But he decided to leave it in the Lord,’s hand and trust Him for his reward. God’s reply was that he would do more than restore Israel to Him, he will also be a light to the Gentiles and bring salvation to the ends of the earth.
I can’t help but feel like Isaiah did at times. When I look with my natural eyes I don’t see much changing, but when I choose to open my spiritual eyes it is a totally different picture. Isaiah had no idea that one day his words and prophecies would be written a book that we now know as the Bible which has been read by trillions of people down through the ages. We have seen so many of his words come to life and are still encouraged by them today. Our testimony will live on through our children and the people we meet so we need to run a good race.
Israel was in a desperate place when Isaiah began his ministry. They thought God had forgotten them, but God said he could never forget his child, Israel. He promised that even the most desolate parts of her abandoned land would soon be crowded with God’s people. That spoke so loudly to me of people who have desolate areas of their life - those that have been abandoned, abused, not loved, etc. And God wants to fill those areas of our lives that we think are unhealable (I know that’s not a word, but it should be). God wants to fill the empty places with life and healing. God is our healer and nothing is too hard for him. Allow him into those past memories and let him heal you.
Lord, I thank you for your undying love for us. You care about every minute of our lives. Heal your people.

No comments: