Friday, July 29, 2016

Fri.’s Devo - Turn Our Hearts Toward You

Read: Jeremiah 2:23-5:19
You can feel God’s hurt over Israel’s idolatry. Idolatry is just a word we use loosely for sin but to God it was much more. He had given his name to his bride and she had left him for any man who would look her way. God’s heart was broken as he looked down on the hard heart of his people. I can’t help but relate this to the church. We have turned to pride and our hearts have become hard with religion. We pride ourselves because we have not fallen into the “big sins” but we compare ourselves among ourselves, judge one another, gossip and refuse to see the wrongs we do. I am not preaching to anyone but myself. I am struggling with judgment over things I don’t understand. I would rather give law instead of grace, but I know that is not God’s heart. People need healing, restoration, mercy, and grace. Our nation needs these things. This is a hard time to live in but God is refining his bride through the fire. Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning. I’m not sure when the morning is coming but it is coming!
Lord, strengthen us to finish our race and not lose heart.

No comments: