Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Tues.’s Devo - The Truth vs. the Lie

Read Deut. 13-16:17
We read about so many different teachings in today’s reading but I want to highlight only a few things. In Deut. 13:1-3, God warns about prophets who can have prophetic dreams, and do legitimate signs and miracles. These manifestations are real. But, if then they try to get us to follow other Gods other than the one true God, we are not to follow them. It is a test to see if we will truly love the Lord with all our heart and soul.
I think I shared with you about the lady that made an offer on my shop. She was going to use it to do Raki healing and help people reach their god through channeling. She professed only one god and that he was everyones’ god. She prays life the Indians and reveres shamans and all kinds of witchcraft. The deception is that she sees results - her people get healed. Her prayers get answered. It is just like this scripture says,. She is deceived and will deceive others who are looking for results over truth. The anti-christ will do the same thing.s We have to be awake and aware of the truth.
The truth is, there are times I am tempted to wish I had taken her offer and sold my shop just so it would be over and then I would be one step closer to my goal of moving close to my grandkids. But, I know that God’s ways are better. He is the one who holds my future and I don’t want to compromise to get a quick answer to my prayers. God’s ways are better and higher and worth waiting for!
Lord, let us not be deceived by the immediate and wait for Your best. They that wait upon the Lord will receive strength and mount up like eagles!

No comments: