Saturday, March 26, 2016

Sat.’s Devo - Take Your Land

Read Joshua 15:20- chapter 19
I can feel Joshua’s frustration as he was strong a courageous and drove out the enemies from the land God set before him, but has to watch his mentee’s fall short. Judah was not able to drive out the Jebusites from their land. Ironically “Jebusite” means “they shall be trodden down” yet Judah couldn’t seem to put them under their feet.
Manasseh had trouble with the Canaanites who were determined to stay in their region. “Canaanites” mean “traffickers”. We can assume many things from that description. The descendants of Joseph which included the tribe of Ephraim and Manasseh complained that they hadn’t been given enough land for all their people. What they really meant was that there were strong enemies in parts of their lands and they didn’t think they could drive them out so they wanted more land. The people they were afraid of were the Perizzites and the Rephaites. Their names mean “squatters and enfeebled”. With their lips, the tribes of Joseph gave them a new name “strong”. Joshua didn’t buy their excuse. He told them to drive them out anyway.
The other day my husband, Dave found blood in his urine. Lots of it. We went to the Urgent Care and they ran tests. Because he didn’t have any pain with it they assumed it was cancer and sent us for CT scan and more tests. As we were leaving the place, Dave looked at me and said, “Well, we’re not taking that.” I agreed. We went on our way with joy and peace. We did go and get the CT scan and it showed a kidney stone and what they thought was a benign tumor.
I had a dream that I was siting at a long white meeting table. Other beings were seated with me and I was at the head. The word “nomenclature” flew through the air. I woke up. I once knew what that word meant but haven’t seen it or heard it for years so I looked it up. It is the art of naming things. So, I knew that I was to name some things. I put my hand on Dave’s abdomen and we named the tumor and the stone “deleted”. We have to go for another CT scan soon so I can’t wait to hear them say it’s all gone. I did the same for my business house I have been trying to sell for months. I named it “sold”. Yesterday someone looked at it and is researching how to make it work for him. This is fun! You can name your situation whatever you want it to be called. The power of life and death is in our tongue. Speak life!
Lord, help us to be strong and courageous and drive out all the enemies in our land. Teach us to name our situation what You call it.

No comments: