Thursday, May 28, 2015

Thur.s’ Devo - Praises to God!

Read: P.s 111-118
I was reminded reading today’s reading that all the Psalms were songs that David sang to the Lord. I thought I would share some of my favorite lines from today’s Psalms.
He hath shown his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen. (Psalm 111:6) It reminds me of another scripture in Proverbs 13:22 that says, “A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children: and the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.” The earth is the Lord’s and he has put it there to use for His purposes.
On that same note, Psalm 112 says that wealth and riches shall be in his house. In verse 9, God says that he disperses that wealth to the poor. Verse 7 tells us that if we are trusting in Him we will not be afraid of bad news because our heart is settled in God.
David sings that the poor are lifted out of poverty and exalted to high honor and women who cannot have babies are made to be joyful mothers of children. God is the god of the impossible!
It is hard to read Ps. 115 and not feel blessed and want to respond in praise to God. God is mindful of us and he will bless us!
I love Psalms 116:15, “Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.” Having known several people who have passed on, this is so comforting to read.
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? (Psalm 118:6)
Lord, truly your merciful kindness is great toward us and your truth endures for ever. Praise Your name!

No comments: