Saturday, May 2, 2015

Sat.’s Devo - The Mountain of the Lord

Read: Ps. 133
I had to look at my paper twice to make sure this was all we were suppose to read today, but it is so God must want us to look at this scripture with our spiritual magnifying glasses on. I just got back from a ladies’ retreat and on the way we were delayed by a train. I love to look at the train-graffiti. I used to try to make sense of what the words mean but gave up a long time ago when I realized they usually aren’t words but acronyms or made up words but as I was watching the trains roll by I saw this train that had the word “FOCUS” on it. I started laughing and knew it was a word for me to focus at the retreat. I figured it meant to focus on what the speaker was going to talk about but as I went through the retreat I realized it meant to focus on what the Holy Spirit was doing and on each woman I talked to so I did. I had some amazing conversations and met some amazing women. I got to see verse one play out in a very powerful way. I had only known one lady at the beginning and came home having talked with every lady there. I experienced a drama-free fellowship with sisters in the Lord. It was so full-filling - like oil running down your head! Verse two is referring to when Aaron was anointed a priest.
Verse three mentions Mount Hermon which is the highest of the seven mountains around Jerusalem. It has snow year-round causing plentiful dews which is a stark contrast to the dry land of the rest of the region. Mt. Hermon is Mt. Zion (Duet. 4:48) which is a picture of God’s permanent capital city in heavenly Jerusalem. Hermon means “abrupt” because it is so steep. Some commentators think it it the mount of Transfiguration because it is the “high mountain”. We as Christians are to be like the Mountain of Zion. We should be continuously shining and white. When the world is dry and parched, we should be a well-watered garden, always joyful and near to God.
Zechariah 2:10 says, “Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord.” (Zechariah 2:10)
Lord, come and dwell in the midst of us.

No comments: