Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Wed.’s Devo - A New Year - A New Word

Every year I ask God for a word for the year. Last year it was “blue skies” which is two words, but God explained to me that the year before had been full of deaths (or promotions) and some pretty hard things. He promised that this past year would be happy and bright like the blue skies on a cloudless sunny day. I was reminded of this word many times throughout this year. I saw my last son, Daniel, get married to Hannah and have their first son, Asher. I saw my oldest son, Josh, and his wife, Charm finally get pregnant after two miscarriages. Noah will be born next year. I was able to form a special bond with my second son and his wife, Katy and their two boys Abel and John. It has been a definite reprieve from the last year. So, about this next year….the Lord gave me the word “Revelation”. I know I just finished blogging Revelations and God has this principle of first the natural and then the spiritual. I feel like God is going to give us revelation in His Word like never before. He is going to unearth some hidden mysteries that we never knew were there. I also feel like we are going to actually experience angels and heavenly visitations. I know many have already had these experiences and written books about them, but I feel like these are going to become much more prevalent. I think that if we want to see angels, we just need to ask. To sum this up, I feel like we are going to see more of heaven coming down to earth. I think we are going to feel God empower us to do things we never thought we could do, just like Samson did when God’s spirit came over him and he picked up the city gates and carried them away. We are going to need to be more bold and daring. When God empresses us to do the impossible, we need to do it. We are going to have to kiss fear good-bye. Either God is on our side or he isn’t. We have to decide that. Fear is the opposite of faith and we are going to need great faith to appropriate heaven. The more we excersize this faith, the easier it will get. Now about the next Bible study… I want us to go through the Bible this year together. I have a One Year Bible and it tells me what to read. I’m just going to let God lead me about what to blog about. The only thing different is that we will have to read on the week-ends also. I started reading through the Bible in college and have now read it 40 times. It never gets old or boring- just more interesting and alive so here we go! I would love to get feed back from y'all. Feel free to comment or add to anything I say. I am thankful for all of you! Read Gen. 1:1-2:25, Matt. 1:1-2:12, Ps. 1:1-6, Pr.1:1-6 First the natural, and then the spiritual. In Genesis, we have the account of creation and the first man, Adam. In Matthew, we have the genealogy of Joseph, who was chosen to be Jesus, father and the miracle birth of Jesus. Joseph came from a kingly line just as Adam’s father was the King of all Kings. Both sons came into the world supernaturally of God’s seed. Both had a walk with God that no other man has had and both came with a mission. Adam brought the knowledge of sin into the world. Sin was in the world. The serpent was in the garden. Adam just opened our eyes to sin. Jesus took the shame of sin away. He opened our eyes to righteousness and that it is attainable on earth by allowing his blood to atone for our sin and walking with God by the power of the Holy Spirit. Both Adam and Jesus were given the earth as their responsibility. Adam was to tend it and keep it; Jesus was to redeem it and die for it. Both did their job. Both were given a bride who came forth from their bodies. Eve came from Adam’s rib and the church came from the side of Jesus that was pierced. Both were not ashamed to be stripped and naked. Lord, thank you once again for your plan for us. Open our eyes to see you more clearly this year.

5 comments:

Serena said...

Amen! I love that we read the "old" and "new" and see how they go together! Amen.

Katy Hathorn said...

I'm excited about this Bible study!!

katmart said...

Am following you Ginny and will be consistent at that... Do you mind if I post your blog and info for others? I understand either way.... Hope all is well and am excited for what God is doing in 2014 as well as reading your blog. You are a beautiful and wonderful Women of God and thank you for your commitment. Love, Kathryn

Ginny's gems said...

So glad to have all if you and it would be fine for you to share this blog with anyone who might want to read it. I just want to help others find the love of Gods Word. Thank you, Ginny

katmart said...

OK thanks Ginny..... <3