Monday, January 27, 2014

Mon.’s Devo - Moses Get’s the Plan

Read Ex. 4:1-5:21, Matt. 18:1-22, Ps. 22:19-31 Pr. 5:15-21 I find it easy to get a little frustrated with Moses’ lack of faith in God because I know the outcome and I have the whole Bible at my disposal. But Moses knows very little about the Lord and what He can do. I guess a voice speaking out of heaven is one thing, but to deliver a whole nation of people is another. God gives Moses three aces up his sleeve and sends him home. I always want to know more than the Bible tells us, like, how did Aaron know to go meet Moses. Did God appear to him also? But somehow he did know and they did meet and they recognized one another and agreed to do this brave thing together. Study as I might, I can’t get the part about Zipporah and the circumcision of Gerhom. If anyone has some insight I would love to hear it. I don’t know if this was something God had been dealing with her about and she finally gave in or what, but since it is in the Bible, it is important. Notice how excited the people were when Moses first told them he was there to deliver them. Then, notice how quickly they lost that excitement when they met some opposition. What a picture of us when God gives us a great promise, then we have to walk through it and actually go through the battle to obtain it. Every promise comes with a battle. We want the victory without having to fight the battle. So what is holding us back from our victory? If it is some kind of sin, then we must do what Matthew taught us today, gouge it out and throw it away. Usually, this sin comes in our thought patterns. If it is jealousy and we covet another person’s gifts or things, then we need to learn to drink waters out of our own cisterns….which interprets - bloom where God plants you and be grateful for what He has given you. Lord, our ways are before you; examine our paths and lead us in Your’s.

No comments: