Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wed.’s Devo - Prayers Mixed with Incense

Read Ex. 37:25-29 The incense altar is the place where prayers and intercession is made. I had a dream one night where I was looking down into this huge ancient room. It reminded me of an old cathedral. There was no furniture in this room but the floor was covered with different kinds of oil-burning lamps. They were made of different metals and all different sizes and shapes. Out of them was pouring incense and I could hear voices in every language praying. I woke up and knew I had visited the prayer room of heaven. Our prayers rise up to God mixed with sweet incense. David wrote in Ps. 141:2 “ Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.” And Rev. 8:3-4 says, “And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets. And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand.” It is like we pray and the angels add the incense which makes our words pure and sweet to the Lord. They had to make their incense by a special formula; the angels make ours! The incense altar was square and had a crown and horns at the corners. Horns are emblems of power, dominion, glory, and fierceness, and are the chief means of attack and defence with the animals endowed with them. The expression "horn of salvation," applied to Christ, and means a salvation of strength, or a strong Saviour. Luke 1:69 says, “Blessed is the Lord God of Israel, For He has raised up a horn of salvation for us in the house of His servant David.” Amen! Blessed by the Lord!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a cool dream! I can just imagine the sweet smell of prayers from little children. Their belief is so pure and unaffected. I know all our prayers are fragrant to The Lord, I just imagine the slightly different scent from the prayer of the littlest ones :)

I had a dream last week that I'm still not sure of the meaning. Actually it was just words I heard spoken to me so clearly it woke me up. "Are you ready to meet with Pharoah?"

I don't know if God is going to give me favor with an important official and I need to be prepared. I don't know what my role in that situation would be. I'll pray the Holy Spirit gives me revelation. If you have any insight, I'd like to hear it.

Ginny's gems said...

In Moses' case the Pharaoh was the leader of an ungodly kingdom that the Lord wanted to use Moses to bring down. He would be the epitome of a principality which is a leader of demons over a territory. I think the Lord wants you to get ready to use the authority he has given you to pray some things down.
Love your insight on the prayers of children. I'm sure your right. They probably smell like strawberries or something really sweet!