Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thurs.’s Devo - Your Tribe

Read Ex. 39:8- 21 Since I went into detail about the breastplate on 10-25 and 10-26, I’m not going to do it again. It is important for us Gentiles to realize that we are a member of a tribe also. We have been grafted in to this family of God, so this is pertinent to us as well as the Jew. If you don’t know what tribe you are a member of just ask God. I asked him for 3 confirmations and I was amazed at what he gave me. The first one was given to me while I was studying the tribes in the library. I found an article that said that the Levites changed their names to escape persecution to names like Levy, Levine, Levin. My middle name is Levine named after the last name of my grandmother. The next confirmation was given to me at a church meeting. That day I had come home from playing tennis and when my foot crossed over the threshold of my living room I felt the Holy Spirit so strong I had to squeeze into the room. It literally took my breath away and I had to sit down. I had no idea what was going on or what I was suppose to do so I cried. Then I got the thought that I should ask for something out loud. I had no idea what to ask for so I opened my mouth and this is what came out, “Lord, I just want to teach your Word and rightly divide it.” I waited for what seemed like a long time and the presence slowly left and I was able to go take a shower. Later that day a friend called and invited me to a little country church where a husband and wife from Israel would be speaking. After that encounter I knew I had to go. I got there and the first thing the lady said was, “we are all members of a tribe of Israel.” I knew that, but I had never heard anyone else say it. She talked on the different tribes and when she got to the tribe of Levite and described it, I knew that was my tribe. So that was #2 confirmation. The third one was even more exciting. She finished her talk and had these colored flags of the colors of the different tribes and said she was going to pass them out as God told her to. When she got to me she said, “You are from the tribe of Levite and you will teach my Word and rightly divide the Word of truth.” I was undone. God is so good and perfect. I would encourage you to ask God what tribe you are from…. he will tell you! Lord, I pray that you surprise everyone who prays this prayer and show them their tribe and their purpose in the body.

No comments: