Saturday, December 15, 2012

A note from Ginny: It is Saturday and I usually don't post on the week-end, but I feel the need to respond to what happened yesterday morning in New Town, Connecticut. What a tragedy and a sad day. I came home early and spend hours sitting before my tv watching the news and praying. We no longer live in a nation of God's blessings and our walls of protection have come down due to our choice as a nation to turn away from God. In the midst of that tragedy, I heard the words "pray" and "faith", but never "God" or "Jesus", that just wouldn't have been politically correct. It is sad to have to say, but we are going to see more and more of these horrific crimes in our country. Woman trafficking happens every day in our country and we still go about our day concerned about the silliest things. I am guilty. So what is our response to all of this? Number one: we can not live in fear because we know God and he is perfect love. We cannot hide our families in a bubble of protection. We must teach our kids to love God with reckless abandon. What can mere men do to us. Greater is he that is in us than he that is in the world. We all have a mission and we don't need to let the devil scare us from our destiny. Number two: we do not need to write more laws to outlaw guns. That is what the Saduccees and the Pharasees do and it doesn't work. The problem is not the law it's the heart. Evil people will find a way around the law no matter how strong it is. Number three: We need to know who our enemy is. Our enemy is not flesh and blood, but against principalities, powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Eph 6 goes on to talk about our weapon which is the Word of God. We wield that for our kids and repent for our nation. Holy Spirit, I pray that you will cover this town, these parents and the nation with comfort and strength in you. Humble our hearts to see that our total dependence has to be on you. Turn our nation's heart back to God. Give us boldness and power to walk in these evil days. We love you with all our hearts.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The thought actually crossed my mind, will Ginny post her thoughts on this tragedy? I'm so glad you did. Great points. This morning I read in Psalms some verses that spoke to me concerning this.

"Be angry and do not sin; ponder in your own hearts on your beds, and be silent. Offer right sacrifices and put your trust in the Lord." Ps 4:4-5

"For you are not a God who delights in wickedness; evil may not dwell with you. The boastful shall not stand before your eyes; you hate all evildoers." Ps 5:4-6

"But let all who take refuge in you rejoice, let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you. For you bless the righteous, O Lord; you cover him with favor as with a shield." Ps. 5:11-12

On another note, I prayed last week that God would reveal to me my tribe. Immediately, Judah came to mind. I asked God for 2 more confirmations - like you had :) Yesterday's sermon about Judah felt like one. I look forward to getting another!

Thank you again for your consistent teaching and encouragement. I love reading your blog everyday!

Ginny's gems said...

Awesome about learning your tribe. Judah is a great tribe. It means "praise" which i'm sure you know. On another note. Your scriptures, esp. the one in Ps. 5 ministered to me. Today, we found out that my son and his wife lost their baby. They went in for their 19 month ultrasound and there was no heart beat. It was a boy and my son, Josh, was so excited to finally be getting a boy. Please remember us in your prayers. It is very hard but God is very faithful. Love, Ginny

Unknown said...

I am so sorry Ginny. There are no words for loss like that. I will certainly be praying for your family.