Thursday, February 17, 2011

Thurs.'s Devo - Getting Our of Debt

Read Pr. 22:26-27
Dave Ramsey would love this scripture because it clearly tells us not to make deals or make a loan. He gives the reason in the next verse. If you cannot pay then you will have your bed taken from you. Another word for bed is "sleep". I know that after buying this house I have definitely had some sleepless nights when my sales were down and I second-thought God. I don't know or understand all things but I know that in the society we are living in it is almost impossible not to go into debt in some way. I'm not saying it is impossible because I think that should be our goal: to get out of debt. This scripture definitely warns us of what could happen if we can't pay our debts. I wonder what the world would look like if people waited till they could pay the whole amount before they bought anything. I think that houses would come down to a price that we could all pay for and the economy would stay in check. Imagine!
Lord, help us to have patience to know when to buy, when to sell, and when to borrow. Keep us from the sin of materialism and stamp our hearts with your seal.

No comments: