Thursday, October 28, 2010

Thurs.'s Devo - The Wise of Heart

Read Pro. 16:20-25
The Bible considers you wise by the way you handle things, the way you instruct or teach, and the way you make decisions. All of these come from the heart. If Jesus is in your heart and you have cultivated that relationship then you are wise. We all make mistakes, but how do we handle our oops? It is better to be humble than to try to cover up a blunder or worse yet, make excuses. Our natural tendency is to be defensive but it is God's nature to be humble and truthful. I am facing this very thing today and so this is for me. I now know what I need to do to make things right and pray that I will receive mercy and not rejection. But I know that if I do what is right then God will be on my side and no matter what the outcome, I have done what is right. Love covers a multitude of sins.
Lord, help us to display your wisdom in all that we do today and help us to choose to be humble.

No comments: