Friday, October 22, 2010

Fri.'s Devo - The Steps of a Righteous Man

Read Prov. 16:8-9
It is better to have less and have a good conscience than to be rich and dishonest. I worked for a person who made a lot of money at the expense of others and now lives in seclusion because they don't want to run into someone who they might have wronged. What a terrible way to live. It would be better to make less and live at peace.
The next verse says that we make many plans but it is God who will direct our steps. God gives us the desires of our heart by directing our paths to fulfill those dreams. He will set us up to meet the right people and be at the right place at the right time. We are here to fulfill HIS plan and he will be sure it happens. The other day I was driving down Mingo and passed a store that was going out of business. God told me to turn around and go back. I obeyed and found some outstanding bargains. But the real reason he sent me was to meet the owner who needed a laugh. She was depressed about having to close down and I came in and before long we were visiting and laughing. I was able to share some of her grief and be a blessing to her and she to me. We are all part of a network of God's family and we need each other. Direct our steps toward your destiny for us.
Lord, thank you for the blessing of a good conscience. May our drive be to you and not to riches.

No comments: