Friday, October 8, 2010

Fri.'s Devo - Be the Oracle of God

Read Pro. 15: 22-24
It is always best to seek counsel before you make a big decision. God has given each of us a different perspective on life and we bring that to the table. I know in restoring this old house that there are many ways to skin a cat or to put in hot water. I asked 3 different sources and got 3 different answers but I decided to go with the man with the most experience and he got the job done. I now have hot water! I have learned that people want to share their gifts and all you have to do is ask. The asking part is the part that we have trouble with because it deals with our pride. But the next scripture says that it gives a person joy to give you the answer and when his words come at the right time they bless everyone. We can be the answer to someone who is seeking. All we have to do is press into God, read his Word then ask God to use us. When we open our mouth we will speak a word in the right season and it will be good and bring joy to the listener. Our way of life is godly and not of this world so we can speak things that are "not of this world" that only God knows need to be spoken if we just listen and obey. I have told people things I had no idea what I was talking about, but they did and were blessed. It is hard for us to realize we can be the oracle of God...we are suppose to be the oracle of God. Lord, help us to listen to those random voices in our minds that we toss out as silly . They may be you talking to us and telling us what to say. Teach us to hear.

No comments: