Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tues.'s Devo -Slow to Wrath

Read Pro. 14:29
"The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy." Ps. 103:8 God's nature is patience and grace and we are to have the nature of God. If you are tempted to be upset and angry but instead of letting it out, you wait and meditate on God, then he can calm your spirit and show you insight about the situation. For me, God usually shows me why a person acted that way and how I have acted the same way in similar situations. That is enough to humble me and shut me up and keep me from blowing it by acting out. When I don't stop and consider God then I always regret it. I do something hasty and have to eat the fruit of my impulsiveness. God is slow to wrath because he sees the whole picture and he will wait a long time to give a person time to repent. He knows that one day he will sit in judgment and all will be judged according to their deeds. So noone gets away with anything unless they are covered with the blood of Jesus. Even if you are covered you will reep the rewards of your deed on earth.
To be hasty is to exalt folly. In other words, if you react you are not following God so you must be exalting darkness. The devil loves to trick us into worshiping him and one way we do that is by reacting out of our emotions instead of out of our faith toward God.
Lord help us to love mercy and grace, be slow to anger and choose to show mercy just like you.

No comments: