Friday, September 17, 2010

Fri.'s Devo - Our Living Testimony

Read Pro. 14:25-27
If our testimony is built on Jesus, then our lives will draw people out of bondage and into freedom. When I first moved to Monroe I met a neighbor who wasn't a Christian. I rarely spoke of Jesus but just lived my testimony. One day she came over crying and said that she knew I had something she didn't have and wanted it. I was so nervous but I somehow muddled through something that changed her life. She now knows Jesus and has become a Christian.
When Jesus becomes your Lord then you have a confidence that you don't even realize you have. Your confidence is not about the here and now, it's about the future. You don't worry because you know your God. You carry the fountain of life that everyone is looking for. God is a refuge for his children and anyone who comes to him. He is the life both now and forever. There are people who are the walking dead. They are only alive physically but their souls are dead and they only exist. We have the transfusion they need and it is the blood of Jesus.
Lord, help us to live our lives as a testimony of who you are.

No comments: