Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sat.'s Devo - Christmas Bliss

Christmas will be here in 6 days. I hope I'm ready. Every year Christmas becomes less hectic and more enjoyable. I think I have bought all my presents and I finished up the last pillow for a client yesterday so other than a hanging on Tuesday I have no obligations till we leave for Louisiana on Thursday. I feel ecstatic. Maybe I'll have time to study some things in the Bible I haven't had time to study. I also want to reflect on what my goals are for next year. God moves in cycles and he uses the seasons. The Bible is full of things that change with the seasons and so do we. The winter is a good time to reflect, study, and let some things die. Today I was opening this drawer full of jewelry. It fell out and landed upside down on the carpet. I was amazed at myself because I didn't get mad. I sat down and methodically put everything back in its place. It was a great time to recall memories and throw away earrings with no mates, old receipts, and just junk. Maybe that's what I'll do for the next few days: allow God to throw out some things that aren't serving me well like bad self-images or wrong judgments, or incorrect doctrines. A good house cleaning is always good for the soul. I pray we will all have time to do that. "Search us, O God, and know our hearts: try us, and know our thoughts; And see if there be any wicked way in us, and lead us in the way everlasting." Ps. 139:23-24.

No comments: