Saturday, November 14, 2009

Sat.'s Devo - Freedom

Gal. 5:1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.
I have this great freedom to be human which is great because if you know me you know that I am more human than most. What I mean is that I make weird mistakes that make me laugh and somehow God chooses to use them to set others free who find it hard to laugh at themselves. I do it so often that I am known for my Ginnyisms. This week was a prime example.
I volunteered to decorate a table for the Holiday Gathering that our church has every Christmas. Over 2,000 ladies will attend so it's a bid deal. I am not a natural at table decorating so I was praying for something unique. God has blessed me with a creative gift so we came up with this idea. I painted 4 white tree balls with a different letter on each ball: N-O-E-L. Then I hung them so they would spell Noel. I just forgot when I painted the other side that the back side would spell L-E-O-N. Well, when I hung them it was too late. I have painted and sprayed them with varnish so it's a done deal. I just pray that the ladies that sit at my table on Saturday will receive some freedom in their life from my little mistake. I thought about putting a sign that reads: "This table is reserved for Noel and Leon." I probably will do it then sign my name. Maybe it will actually give someone a laugh that needs a dose of medicine and freedom. I know my ladies on Thursday night will laugh because they know me and they know anything is possible with me.
If I could give advise to anyone who is a perfectionist it would be to stop being so hard on themselves and learn to laugh at their mistakes. It makes life so much more fun! Thank you Lord, that you love to laugh with me.

No comments: