Monday, November 23, 2009

Mon.'s Devo - Believe

Read John 14:1-6
"Let not your heart be troubled." What a timely statement. We need to laminate that and put it on our mirrors. The next 2 verses are so comforting: "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there you may be also." God's house must be pretty big for it to hold mansions. I have read stories of people going to heaven and coming back. They talk of mansions made just for them with jobs suited just for them. I believe we are the same person in heaven that we are here, only there we will be complete. There is a lot of construction going on in heaven. God is building your mansion just like he is building you in him on earth. He is going from room to room in your life and cleaning, constructing, reconstructing, making it beautiful, etc. He is doing the same thing to your mansion in heaven, "on earth as it is in heaven". As we prepare a place for God in our hearts, he prepares a place for us in heaven. And the good news is that we know the way. It is only through Jesus who is the mode and the means, the truly true and the breath of life.
Lord, thank you for your peace and assurance that you prepare only good things for us. Your plan is in motion even when we don't see it.

No comments: