Sunday, April 24, 2016

Sun.’s Devo - By Faith

Read: Read: 2 Sam. 8:15-10:19; 1 Chron. 18:15-17; 6:16- end of chapter; 1 Chron. 19
David looked for someone from Saul’s household to honor and found one of Saul’s servants, Ziba. Ziba knows of one person from Saul’s house who was Jonathan’s son who was crippled. His name was Mephibosheth. Mephibosheth means “dispeller of shame”. God was going to dispel the shame from Mephbosheth’s life and give him honor. David gave him the land that was Saul’s and told Ziba to farm it for Mephibosheth and his family and that Mephibosheth was to eat every meal at the king’s table. That was an overnight turnabout for him and his family. One day they are trying to make it with a father who has a huge disability and the next day they are totally provided for, living on more land than they ever dreamed and eating the kings food at his table. That is a picture of what this year is suppose to look like for the children of God that decide to overcome. You have to know you have an inheritance before you can receive it. This is the year of release, the year of Jubilee. Once a year the paper puts out pages and pages of names of people that have never claimed their land or inheritance. We don’t want to be one of those people.
I have tried to sell my shop since September and two days ago, a friend of mine called and her mother wants it! We came to Shreveport for a birthday party for my grand daughter and looked at a few houses. I put a few “dream homes” on the list and one of them just fits everything I dreamed of having. It is out of our price range, but not out of God’s. It might seem presumptuous but I think this is our house. Now is the walk of faith. I asked God to give me a scripture and the only Bible I had at the time was on my phone so I reached it and just turned it to my Bible app. The scripture that popped up was Hebrews 1…”Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.”
We still have to sell our house we live in so this week will be an interesting week. I’ll keep y’all posted. I pray it is a Mephibosheth turn around week for all of us!
Lord, we walk with you by faith!

No comments: