Saturday, November 14, 2015

Sat.’s Devo - It’s a Good Day!

Read: Matthew 28; Mark 16
Finally, some good joyous news. The last few days have been heavy and full of sadness but today is resurrection morning! We so need these mornings when we get good news, when we see what we have been praying for manifest, or when our burden is lightened. Dave and I have been on a 40 day fast and we have a little more than a week to go. We are not eating any solid food which neither of us have ever done before. He just retired and instead of going on our planned cruise, he decided he wanted to go on this extended fast. (Not what most people look forward to doing when they retire!) Once we got over the initial light-headedness and hunger pains, we have been able to concentrate on praying and listening to God. I would love to say it has been amazing but realistically it has been hard. God’s grace has surprised me. I never thought we would do it but I can see the end in sight. I have learned some things about fasting that I never realized before. Fasting is not to get closer to God but to defeat the devil. It has made the veil between heaven and earth thinner and we have been more sensitive to the spirits in the earth. Our dreams have been clearer and we remember them better. I am still waiting for some prayers to be answered - still waiting for resurrection day.
Back to our reading. Jesus had told them that he would rise again but I don’t think they thought he would actually come back to earth and walk among them again. This was greater than they could have imagined. That is what I am waiting for …the greater than I can imagine. This scripture gives me hope and faith.
I love the great commission according to Mark. He tells us to preach the gospel to every creature. In the Greek “creature” in this verse means “building, creation, creature, ordinance. “ That gives a whole new dimension to preaching the gospel. I love the signs that should follow us. We need to rise up and start declaring the gospel to the air and see some mountains fall.
Lord, thank you for resurrections! You are the giver of live and You are the restorer of the breach, the builder of all things.

No comments: