Saturday, August 30, 2014

Sat.’s Devo - Jesus in Us, the Hope of Glory

Read: Job 34:1-36:33, 2 Co. 4:1-12, Ps. 44:1-8, Pr. 22:10-12 Ellihu continues his barrage of complaints against Job. He claims that Job is getting what he deserves. Since Job has seen no advantage in being good, he has resorted to sin. God only disciplines hypocrites and sinners so surely Job is one of these. Elihu should have kept his mouth shut. Paul talks about the treasure we carry in our earthly bodies. This treasure is Jesus! This treasure is hid to those who are lost so that they can’t see it. Yesterday, I had a man come to my shop to order curtains for his house. He told me all about a stroke he had had and how it had left him impaired and disabled on his left side. I asked him if he were a believer and he told me he was but when I tried to tell him God could heal him, he was blind to it. He kept telling me how he would never be able to see out of his left eye because the nerve was gone, etc. I tried to tell him that the God who created his eye could recreate it again. He couldn’t receive it at all. Although he wouldn’t let me pray for him, I told him I was going to pray for him anyway. When he left, I did pray for him but I was so frustrated. People walk into my shop daily with migraines and all kinds of illnesses and I’m just tired of letting them walk out with them when I know the God of healing resides in me and in some of them. Good news is that the man does want me to do his curtains, so I’ll get to see him again. I pray a miracle in his life so he can see the love and healing power of our God. Lord, let the light that you sent us in the face of Jesus Christ, shine from our face and change our world.

No comments: