Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Wed.'s Devo - Discipline and Instruction

Read Pro. 19:25-29
I dont' know about you but I hate to be disciplined; I just want to do it right the first time. Verse 25 says that if you discipline the teacher then the students will understand. That is so true. When our pastor tells us of his failures and the way God disciplines him, it helps me to learn. If you are teachable then you can learn by watching, not by having to go through it yourself. I seem to have to go through it myself to really get it. On the other hand, there are people who have advise that isn't worth hearing and will only hurt you. The world is full of wisdom that is foolishness to God. If the tree is bad then the fruit will be bad. A bad tree cannot produce good fruit. So if you are being influenced by a person who is not a professing Christian you need to find another mentor. I don't care how famous or how much "good" they have done in society. You don't walk with them in their secret lives and you don't know their innermost thoughts. The ungodly have nothing but judgment to look forward to. We have been given the Word of God to give us all the right advise and wisdom we need. It is better than any wisdom the most wise of the world can give because it is written by the creator of the world.

No comments: