Monday, December 13, 2010

Mon.'s Devo - Kindness

Read Pro. 19:22-23
I don't know if I understand this verse correctly but what I get from reading it is this. What we really desire in our inmost being is to bless God and give him back something. We all want to please our heavenly father so we do it by being kind. God desires us to be truthful and honest with our feelings. We can't hide anything from him anyway so we might as well be honest. He loves that because it means humility. We all have wrong motives and selfish ambitions but I think if we will be honest and tell God this he will take our sin and selfishness and change it when we confess it. It is always better to be poor before God than try to lie and trick him. He won't be tricked or manipulated so we might as well be honest with him. That is the mark of a relationship. The next verse says that fearing God gives you life and satisfaction and you will not be visited with evil. I don't know about you but I don't want evil visiting me. I would rather have a visitation from God or his angels.
Lord, help us to be honest and kind to you and our fellow men.

No comments: