Friday, December 3, 2010

Fri.'s Devo - Our Light Afflictions

Read Pro. 19:11
We have all been the victim at some time. I am in the middle of a situation where I have been victimized. I went through anger and resentment, but have prayed through the whole thing asking God to give me the power to handle this in the right way and not be affected by it emotionally. It was a struggle but I finally let it go. Yesterday I got a call from another person who tried to stir it all back up again giving me the latest about what this person is up to. Many times when God is moving in your life the devil will send an ambush to side-track you and get you off the path. I saw the trap and decided not to take the bate. So I am not going to get upset or worked up about what this person is trying to do against me because I know that the Word says that "No weapon forged against me shall prosper". I am not going back but forward and feel unaffected by her. That is freedom! Today's scripture says that it is honorable and beautiful to God when we can look past a transgression and not get mad. It may not be the easiest thing to do but by far the best.
Lord, give us your grace to face transgressions like you did. You chose to forgive those who nailed you to the cross because you could see past the act and pity the person. Help us to do that too.

No comments: