Sunday, July 12, 2009

Sunday's Devo - Be a Catalyst

I've been thinking lately a lot about our different assignments and how if you know your assignment and you walk in it, you walk in the favor of God. I can tell when I am right on because God's blessings surround me and doors open as I walk. It's kind of hard to put into words.
The other day a friend of mine told me I was a catalyst. That sounded like a good thing and though I knew what she meant by it, I thought I would look up the meaning and try to learn something about what exactly a catalyst does. Websters says that a catalyst is a person, or thing acting as the stumilus in bringing about or hastening a result. That is exactly what the Holy Spirit inside me does everywhere I go. It wakes up people that are complacent and causes the hungry to become hungrier. My desire is that all people will know their place in God and how important their part is in the body of Christ. We are all in this together and we all need each other functioning at 100%. We all carry the power of the Holy Spirit inside us and we all have the power to infect the world with this Holy virus. An epidemic is started when one infectious person comes in contact with a person who is in an environment conducive to infection. The spread of this virus depends on the immune system in the person. Well, we are to be contagious with the power of God, looking for people whose immune system (guard) is down so we can infect them with this power we carry. If the environment is conducive a revival can erupt.
Another definition of a catalyst is "the speeding up or, sometimes, slowing down of the rate of a chemical reaction by the addition of some substance which itself undergoes no permanent chemical change thereby". That means that we, the righteousness of God, can walk into a hostile place and bring peace to it. We stay the same, but we change our environment. I used to work at a very hostile-toward-God place. I brought peace to that place by my presence. One day one of the former employees came back to help us out for a week and after a few days he turned around and said to me, "what have you done to them (our bosses). They don't fight anymore." Our bosses were husband and wife and used to fight like cats and dogs. When I released peace in that place they couldn't fight anymore. I was able to have many conversations with them about Jesus. We are a catalyst when we realize the power that we have in us and release it. That former employee was also a believer but wasn't able to bring about a change in the bosses because he failed to release peace; he released judgment instead. Judgment keeps people locked in their sin; peace brings us all to the same level where a change can start.
Lord, make us catalysts that can release peace and spiritual change everywhere we go

No comments: