Saturday, July 4, 2009

Saturday's Devo - Plan A: Kindness

Our kids came yesterday for the week-end. I was so glad they were going to be here for Friday because I wanted them to go to "Filling the Void" with me where we feed the homeless and have an open air church service downtown. They were so excited about it until we found out they don't meet on holidays. I know that our plan B is always God's plan A so I asked God what his plan was. He gave me a great idea. We went to the Arby's downtown and everyone bought a lunch to go. We went to the place where we usually meet and sure enough there were people there waiting. I had brought some cold water bottles from home so we handed out our lunches and water and talked to a few of them. Then we went to McNalley's around the corner to eat. It was so rewarding and the kids loved it. I think it showed us all how easy it is to minister to people. Kindness is a powerful tool because it is the "kindness of the Lord that leads us to repentance". In 2 Peter 1:7 it says that to our godliness we are to add brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness we are to add charity. And if these things are in us then we will increase and we will not be barren or unfruitful in our knowledge of Jesus.
Lord, show us ways to spread kindness to this world you came to save. Gotta go be with my family.

No comments: