Saturday, July 18, 2009

Saturday's Devo- "For I Know the Plans I have for You..."

Read Jer. 29:11
Two days till I depart for Yemen and I am thinking back over my week. It has been a roller coaster week of emotions. I have fought the battle of "what am I thinking going to a dangerous place alone where I don't even know if I am wanted" to "I can't wait for all the Lord has planned for me to walk in." Many of my fears have been erased. Yesterday I talked to Gregg's mom and she said they were real excited about me coming. That helped a lot. Then I called to confirm my flights. They had me getting to Yemen and that was it. She said my other flights were cancelled. CANCELLED???? So I'm stuck in Yemen? She suggested I call the travel agent I booked with. Good call. All my flights are back on the board - never left. Whew, that was a close one! Then as I was trying to finish all my work I ran across some snares which will just have to wait till I get back. Not my nature to leave things in limbo so I'm just learning, again, how to roll everything on God who cares for me.
I did get to pray with a client yesterday who is leaving this week for a bone marrow transplant for her husband. That was a blessing. And what is another blessing is all the people who said they would be praying for me while I'm gone. My own son posted on his FB: "I don't know what we are thinking letting mom go over seas by herself with her sense of directions." I'm sure he'll turn that concern into prayer!
My dear husband is my greatest fan. He has daily given me words of encouragement and prophesy. He is the reason I am going. It has been his idea from the start. So I have been asking myself, "Why am I going?" People have been asking me the same question and I find myself not knowing the answer exactly. I know I want to encourage the saints. In Duet. 3 God told Moses to encourage Joshua and strengthen him because Joshua was to go over the Jordan and help the people to inherit the land promised them. So the older leader encourages the younger leader to "take the land". So, I want to do that and I want to walk with them in what they are doing and be a part of their ministry. I have found that when I go places I never grasp the depth of what God imparts in my spirit but it is a definite enlarging of space. I come home with a bigger view of God and his love for all people.
As far as my blog. I have preposted for about a week. Hopefully I will be able to post from where I am also so we won't lose touch. Thank you for all your prayers and encouragement. God bless!

4 comments:

Larsen Family said...

Jer 29:11; is my FAVORITE scripture. It was one of the 1st I ever memorized as a young Christian. It brings great comfort and peace when things of the world tell us differently. May God be a light unto your feet in this journey. You may not fully know what you are going for, but HE does. I can't wait to hear of the adventure. I pray safety over you and peace for your family as they let you go.

BTW, I never commented on your post the other day about a study on dreams, but I would LOVE to know more. God is opening that avenue for me and I would like any discernment on the matter. Thanks.

Ginny's gems said...

Thank you so much for your prayer. I am wanting to teach a Bible study in my house if you or anyone else is wanting that. I would teach on dreams, types and shadows, like I do on line just more and you would have a chance to interact more. let me know if that appeals to you.

Larsen Family said...

That would be awesome. Just let me know.

Ginny's gems said...

When is a good time for you? I would rather not teach at night since I already do the jr. high at night.