Saturday, February 29, 2020

Sat.’s Devo - Leap Year Extra-

The One Year Bible doesn’t figure in a leap year so there is no reading for today. So…this would be a great time to catch up if you are behind.
Here is a scripture to meditate on today: Isaiah 43:19 - 21
“For I am about to do something new. See, I have already begun! Do you not see it? I will make a pathway through the wilderness. I will create rivers in the dry wasteland. The wild animals in the fields will thank me, the jackals and the owls, too, for giving them water in the desert. Yes, I will make rivers in the dry wasteland so my chosen people can be refreshed. I have made Israel for myself, and they will someday honor me before the whole world.”
There are many people out there doing drugs, selling themselves, practicing homosexuality - all in a desert. But they are the chosen of God and he will refresh them and bring them in. The prodigals are coming home. The church is going to expand way past her walls into the streets and we need to be there to welcome them in. It is not our job to clean them up - that is the work of the Holy Spirit. Our job is to love them and heal their wounds and nurse them back to health.
Enjoy your leap day!

No comments: