Monday, November 26, 2018

Mon.’s Devo - God’s Kingdom on the Earth

Read: Daniel 2:24-3:30; 1 Peter 4:7-5:14; Psalm 119:81-96; Proverbs 28:15-16
I can’t read today’s reading without thinking of what Mordeciah said to Esther: “maybe you were brought to the kingdom for such a time as this.” Daniel, Shadrach, Meshech and Abednego all stood for what they believed in an ungodly kingdom and against great odds, and God stood up for them in big ways.
God used Daniel to save all the wise men of the kingdom and give the king the blueprint for the future. He used Shadrach, Meshech and Abednego to stand up to the king, refuse to bow to his statue and see the glory of God in their deliverance from the fiery furnace. All four of them were elevated to rule the ungodly kingdom on earth. This is exactly what we are to do. We as God’s children are to stand against the odds and step out in faith for the Kingdom’s sake. When we do this, God will elevate his people to rule the earth and all the earth will be blessed by our godly rule. We are seeing this happen right now, and just like Daniel and his friends met opposition; we are too.
I have to say that First Peter kicked me into shape today. In verse 9 it says to be given to hospitality without grudging. That is a hard one for me since our son, his wife and two children have been living with us for almost two years and the end is not in sight. I have to constantly realign my heart to God’s and stop thinking carnally about my space, my time and my things. It has been a true test of my sacrifice to Jesus. I have to admit I usually fall very short. My suffering, filled with much laughter and great times is nothing compared with the suffering of Christ’s. It is not even persecution! So, once again, I put on my big girl britches and count it all joy.
We are warned to stay watchful and awake to be able to discern the attacks of the devil who is our opponent and arch-enemy. God has promised us that through all the trials we face, he is making us perfect, establishing us, strengthening us and laying a strong foundation for us. To him be the glory!
Lord, may your kingdom continue to come to earth as it is in heaven.

No comments: