Saturday, February 13, 2016

Sat.’s Devo - Reflect Jesus

Read: Ex. 37-39:31
We’ve already talked about what each of these pieces represent so I want to talk about some things that caught my attention. The first was the fact that woman served at the entrance of the tabernacle. These women had donated their mirrors to make the laver or the washbasin. They gave up the only way they could see their reflection to reflect the Lord instead. I don’t know if I could give up my only mirror. Hopefully, I could… some days I would love to! What a contrast these women were to the women who served as prostitutes at the entrance of the idols of Egypt.
Another thing that stood out was the tax they received from those who turned 20. Twenty was a right of passage year. At twenty, the men were able to go to war. Levitcus 27:7,8 tells us that the value of a man below twenty is five shekels but a man between twenty and sixty his worth is fifty shekels. Over sixty we are priceless! No, actually, we are worth less. I’m glad we are not living in the law. David, who transcended the law in worship said that the righteous will bring forth fruit in their old age and be fat and flourishing. Amen!
Lord, Help us to reflect your face today and bring you much fruit.

No comments: