Monday, June 1, 2015

Mon.’s Devo - David’s Last Psalms

Read Ps. 119: 89-176
Lamed speaks of the eternal promises of God. He is forever faithful. I can attest to what Mem (97-104) says. When I started reading my Bible faithfully my grades greatly improved and my desire to learn was dramatically improved. Something was unlocked in my brain so that I could understand what I was reading and learn. David found that also. In Nun (105-112) we find a favorite: “Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.” In Samech (113-120) we see David’s fear of the Lord. In Ain (121-128) David trusts in the Lord to deliver him from sin. In Pe (129-136) we see David’s love for the Word and his intercession for the sinner. In Tzaddi (137-144) David is consumed with God’s Word. In Koph (145-152) it seems that David knows his life is nearing the end and cries out for God’s salvation. In Resh (153-160) David asks the Lord to “quicken” him three times. Quicken means to revive and give live to. I think David was feeling his body slowly dying and was praying to live on and to be resurrected. In Shin (161-168) David reminds the Lord of his faithfulness to love His laws. In Tau (169-176) David prays that his soul may live and praise the Lord forever.
Lord, may our love for you be like David’s.

No comments: