Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Tues.’s Devo - In and Out of the Pit

Read: Ps. 81, 88, 92, 93
Reading Psalm 81 reminds me of raising my boys and wanting to treat them to some special thing if they would just obey. When they chose not to it hurt me more than it did them. This is how God is feeling about Israel. I’m sure he feels this about me when I fail to trust his ways.
David is at his lowest in Psalm 88. I can relate to this Psalm and I am so glad that God doesn’t leave us in this place. David is in a completely different place in Psalm 92. Sometimes we have to remember when we are in the pit that we will not always be there. The truth is that God is faithful and good and we should be thankful and praise his name even in the pit.
What an encouragement Psalm 93 is! The Lord is mightier than the noise of many waters. He is bigger than all the clamor of our lives. Bigger than the storm! His word is true.
Lord, thank you for this reminder. This life is so short and You are so interested in helping us succeed. If you are for us, who can be against us!

No comments: