Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Tues.’s Devo - Rejoice and Weep

Read Ro. 12:15 I am writing to you on the anniversary of my mom’s death and todays exhortation is to rejoice with those that rejoice and weep with them that weep. I opened my e-mail today and there was an message from my best friend that no longer lives here. I had sent her my book I had written so she could write the forward. I was not prepared for what she said. She is an excellent writer and I was bracing myself for constructive criticism, but instead she told me that she tried to read it out loud to her pastor-husband but she ended up crying buckets instead. I was shocked at her reaction to my story but realized that it was not just the story but the fact that my story so shows who I really am and who she knows and she misses our friendship. So I had to skim through the message with wet eyes. Then my husband called to see how I was doing since it was the anniversary of losing my mother. I had been so occupied with Anna’s e-mail that I had forgotten that this was the day even though I had remembered all week. Then my daughter-in-law called me to see how I was doing since it had been a year since Grandma had died and she was thinking of me and I cried again. So I experienced weeping with those who weep and having friends weep with me and I get it. What a comfort to know that I have people around me that really care about my feelings and my well-being. It helps carry the load. Now I need to find someone to rejoice with today! Lord, thank you for making us creatures who need each other and thank you that you have blessed me with wonderful people who make up your body.

No comments: